Creating stereo file with empty channel

Stanislav Blinov
Greetings,

I wonder if it is possible to create a stereo file using a mono file as a source for left channel leaving right channel empty?

Re: Creating stereo file with empty channel

Ulrich Klauer-2
Stanislav Blinov wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to create a stereo file using a mono file
> as a source for left channel leaving right channel empty?

Absolutely. A channel specification of "0" to the remix effect creates
a silent channel:
   sox mono.wav stereo.wav remix 1 0
The opposite (left channel silent) would be "remix 0 1", and dual mono
is "remix 1 1".

Ulrich

Re: Creating stereo file with empty channel

Stanislav Blinov
Thanks a lot!

2013/8/18 Ulrich Klauer <[hidden email]>
Stanislav Blinov wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to create a stereo file using a mono file
> as a source for left channel leaving right channel empty?

Absolutely. A channel specification of "0" to the remix effect creates
a silent channel:
   sox mono.wav stereo.wav remix 1 0
The opposite (left channel silent) would be "remix 0 1", and dual mono
is "remix 1 1".

Ulrich

Re: Creating stereo file with empty channel

keghn
 Should it be?

sox  mono_1.wav  mono_2.wav  stereo.wav  remix 0 1