Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

12

Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD
This is one recent instance where I described the structure of the folders. Perhaps I should have stated:

Each folder has a list of files + 3 subfolders, each with its own list of files.

On 12/12/2016 13:12, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
NB: each folder has a list of files + 3 folders, each with its own list of files. Structure and names of L folders correspond to R folders.

Avast logo

Avast logo

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users
On 2016-12-12 20:07, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> This is one recent instance where I described the structure of the
> folders. Perhaps I should have stated:
>
> Each folder has a list of files + 3 /*sub*/folders, each with its own
> list of files.

Yes.

I assumed (from your original post) that there could be any number of
sub-
folders, with arbitrary names, albeit (probably) all of form "rel" plus
five digit number.

If those sub-folders are always present or at least are always meant to
be
then (if I'd been writing a script for myself) I'd have checked that
each
sample's folder contained the expected three sub-folders - no more and
no
fewer.  But on the assumption that there could be any number of them, of
any name, I would have done what Kevin did, & made the script just
process
whatever subfolders it found.

Also, your original example of file/folder layouts had quite a lot of
"etc"s
in them, which implies that we weren't necessarily seeing the whole set
of
possibilities.  And, your text said "Each subfolder has similarly names
files
as shown.", which is too vague for anyone (writing a script) to be
certain of
what you meant.

On the other hand, I do see - now - that your description, eg:

Basson16L
....rel00150
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel00600
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel99999
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
036-C
037-C#
038-D
  etc

did include separate files (the lines at the end of that list) as well
as sub-
folders.  My only excuse for not realising their significance is that I
thought
(wrongly!) that you'd forgotten to put lots of dots in front of one set
of names!
On the other hand, there's no good reason to put the "main files" at the
bottom
of a list.   They'd have been far more obvious if they'd been described
first.

If I'd been describing this structure to someone else I'd have said
something
like:

   For each set of samples, eg "Basson16" there's two folders named with
"L"
   and "R" suffixes.  Each contains some audio files, one for each note
of
   the scale, named accordingly, eg "037-C#.wav" - representing the C
sharp
   that's the 37th note counted from the lowest pitched one in the sample
   set (or whatever the significance of that number is).

   As well as the main data for each note there's three additional files,
each
   holding data describing short, medium and long 'releases'.  These are
always
   stored in subfolders named "rel00150", "rel00600" and "rel99999".
Whatever
   the set of main data files is, the subfolders should have the same
named set
   of subsidiary files, so for example, as there's a 037-C#.wav file in
the main
   folder there should be three more files with that name in the three
relnnnnn
   folders.

   I would also have explained whether there could ever be any other
files in the
   main or relnnnnn folders, which contain other things - eg any .txt
files that
   contain descriptions of the data.

   Perhaps I'd also have said that all the individual files should have
names that
   are a three digit number, a dash, and one of A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G
G#.  I
   might have said what the range of the three-digit numbers is: do they
always
   start at 001, and always end at the (same) high value?  Do they always
go up in
   ones?  What should the script do if there's a gap in the sequence?

I'd then have listed the full names (paths) of all the files describing
one note
for one sample eg:

   C:\my\organsamples\basson16l\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16l\rel00150\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16l\rel00600\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16l\rel99999\037-C#.wav

   C:\my\organsamples\basson16r\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16r\rel00150\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16r\rel00600\037-C#.wav
   C:\my\organsamples\basson16r\rel99999\037-C#.wav

which hopefully would have removed some of the vagueness.  Notice, no
unnecessary
dots, and the full names (with the ".wav" extensions) of the files.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

I have tested the wav samples. They won't load in the software GrandOrgue and give a PCM format error. Could this have something to do with the merging process we have just done?

Mark

On 2016-12-13 18:39, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> I have tested the wav samples. They won't load in the software
> GrandOrgue and give a PCM format error. Could this have something to
> do with the merging process we have just done?

Who knows?

I had the impression you earlier tested a merge and decided the
resulting file
was ok (either it sounded ok, or it looked ok in some other program)?
Was that
so?

If so, do the files merged by the script also sound ok to you, or look
ok, doing
whatever it was that you did before to check a file?

Take one example (ie a left file, a right file and file that was merged
from them),
and for each of those files issue in a command window this command
(though use the
paths that make sense on your computer):

  "C:\path\to\sox\soxi.exe" "C:\path\to\audio-files\some.wav"

Note that this runs "soxi.exe" not "sox.exe".  Make sure that you have a
soxi.exe
(in the same place as you have sox.exe).

Paste the command you issued and whatever the result was, for each file,
in your
next reply.

Also issue, for each file, this command:

  "C:\path\to\sox\sox.exe" "C:\path\to\audio-files\some.wav" -n stat
stats

and paste those commands and results into your reply too.  Note that
this command
called 'sox' not 'soxi', and the 'stat stats' part runs two separate
effects which
will list details about the audio data in the file concerned.

So, that's three separate commands to be issued, against three separate
files.
Hopefully something in the details the three commands list will give
someone here a
clue as to what might be wrong.

Do you remember earlier in the discussion someone pointed out that,
really, scripts
should check things?  The script you've been running checks nothing.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

Hi,

I can only test the files in GrandOrgue when I build the organ in question. I cannot test individual files on the software. I did check files with iZotope and they look good visually, sound well when played, they are in 24 bit and 48kHz sample rate, they load up on LoopAuditioneer so I could add pitch information and loops.

The only other software that issued a warning was Sony's Soundforge... though I can't get this warning again for some reason. What I am noticing just now is that Soundforge gives a detail (property) when opening up a file, something that I did not observe before, not that it means anything to me:

  • Rgns/Play/Cmd: No/No/No

A file that is known to work with GrandOrgue gives

  • Rgns/Play/Cmd: Yes/No/No.

Could my answer lie with this difference?

I'll try running the script as you recommended and generate the "logs".

Mark

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

Would it help to provide 2 samples, one from an instrument known to work and another, a file merged with the script? I have no idea how to compare them other than opening them up in a software like soundforge and seeing what the properties of each show? It seems there is some kind of information within these files (?header) that is relied upon by GrandOrgue and needs to be somehow corrected. Otherwise the merged files are what they ought to be - stereo, 24bit and 48kHz.

If this can help before I go through with anything else then here is the link:

https://mega.nz/#!IZQwFByQ!oZCDk6Qh_xSq_DvC3mKBJCVRO726cvAFCULMHWFNhNY

The files are clearly labelled as to which is which.

If there is something in them, can it be corrected manually or (less preferably) by re-doing the merger using a modified script to preserve as much of the properties of the original (source) files?

On 2016-12-14 07:22, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can only test the files in GrandOrgue when I build the organ in
> question. I cannot test individual files on the software. I did check
> files with iZotope and they look good visually, sound well when
> played, they are in 24 bit and 48kHz sample rate, they load up on
> LoopAuditioneer so I could add pitch information and loops.
>
> The only other software that issued a warning was Sony's Soundforge...
> though I can't get this warning again for some reason. What I am
> noticing just now is that Soundforge gives a detail (property) when
> opening up a file, something that I did not observe before, not that
> it means anything to me:
>
>  * Rgns/Play/Cmd: No/No/No
>
> A file that is known to work with GrandOrgue gives _*
> *_
>
>  * Rgns/Play/Cmd:_*Yes*_/No/No.
>
> Could my answer lie with this difference?

I've no idea what that means.  However: http://www.magix-audio.com who
took over the
Sony products do have technical support (I know this because I emailed
them several
times fairly recently about one of their other products), so you could
email them and
ask what that means.

On 2016-12-14 09:50, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> Would it help to provide 2 samples, one from an instrument known to
> work and another, a file merged with the script?

It might.

> I have no idea how to compare them other than opening them up in a
> software like soundforge and seeing what the properties of each show?

The soxi, and sox stat stats commands are going to tell us a whole load
of things about each file.  They might or might not be helpful... but
let's see what they say.

> If there is something in them, can it be corrected manually or (less
> preferably) by re-doing the merger using a modified script to preserve
> as much of the properties of the original (source) files?

Maybe; sox has lots of options but we need to know what the problem is
first.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

There is no such soxi.exe in the sox folder!

On 2016-12-14 13:02, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> There is no such soxi.exe in the sox folder!

Oops, you clearly didn't read the install notes, did you?

Just make a copy of sox.exe and name that soxi.exe;   this works because
when you then use the soxi.exe copy, the program examines the name under
which it was called and does different things.

This is not something that all utility programs always do; it's a
special
trick in the way that sox/soxi (and also play.exe and rec.exe if you
make
copies with those names) work.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

There is no instruction to make a copy of sox,exe and to rename it as soxi.exe

:-P

Having said that do I run it using the combine.vbs or directly in cmd prompt?

Mark

On 14/12/2016 00:48, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users wrote:
Take one example (ie a left file, a right file and file that was merged
from them),
and for each of those files issue in a command window this command
(though use the
paths that make sense on your computer):

  "C:\path\to\sox\soxi.exe" "C:\path\to\audio-files\some.wav"

Note that this runs "soxi.exe" not "sox.exe".  Make sure that you have a
soxi.exe
(in the same place as you have sox.exe).

Avast logo

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

installation notes.... no; most times, accompanying notes tend to confuse me more than they help. But my mistake.... I should have at least tried. I'll do so after I send this message

I tried running the sequence using edited combine.vbs. All I got were 4 empty folders.

Regards

Mark

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\soxi.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\Main\036-C.wav"

Input File     : 'E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\Main\036-C.wav'
Channels       : 2
Sample Rate    : 48000
Precision      : 24-bit
Duration       : 00:00:08.75 = 419980 samples ~ 656.219 CDDA sectors
File Size      : 2.52M
Bit Rate       : 2.30M
Sample Encoding: 24-bit Signed Integer PCM

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\soxi.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16R\Main\036-C.wav"

Input File     : 'E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16R\Main\036-C.wav'
Channels       : 2
Sample Rate    : 48000
Precision      : 24-bit
Duration       : 00:00:08.75 = 419980 samples ~ 656.219 CDDA sectors
File Size      : 2.52M
Bit Rate       : 2.30M
Sample Encoding: 24-bit Signed Integer PCM

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\soxi.exe" "D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\036-C.wav"

Input File     : 'D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\036-C.wav'

On 2016-12-14 14:05, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> installation notes.... no; most times, accompanying notes tend to
> confuse me more than they help. But my mistake.... I should have at
> least tried. I'll do so after I send this message
>
> I tried running the sequence using edited combine.vbs. All I got were
> 4 empty folders.

Sequence?  Do you mean the soxi and sox commands?

If you do, it's got nothing to do with combine.vbs; it's a pair of
commands
you need to issue, from a command window, against (I suggested) one set
of
files - the left, right and stereo files that had the error.

As you said it could be worth also issuing them for a valid stereo file

Remember what I said about not having to retype every command in the
command
window too: type the soxi command in once & execute it.  Then slightly
change
it to affect three other files, one by one & issue those.

Then revise it to be the sox command against one of the files & issue
it. Then
revise that 3 times for the other three files.

Paste all of the commands & results into an email.

On 2016-12-14 14:21, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:

> c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\soxi.exe"
> "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\Main\036-C.wav"
>
> Input File     : 'E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\Main\036-C.wav'
> Channels       : 2
> Sample Rate    : 48000
> Precision      : 24-bit
> Duration       : 00:00:08.75 = 419980 samples ~ 656.219 CDDA sectors
> File Size      : 2.52M
> Bit Rate       : 2.30M
> Sample Encoding: 24-bit Signed Integer PCM

etc...

That's good - but assuming that the  'D:\St Mary's
Abbey\Recit\Basson16\036-C.wav'  file
is the one without the error, you omitted the stereo file that did have
the error.

And you need to do the: sox  ...  -n stat stats     commands as well.

On 2016-12-14 13:58, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> There is no instruction to make a copy of sox,exe and to rename it as
> soxi.exe
>
> :-P

There is in the download zip for sox that I have, in file:
README.win32.txt

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

I have run the other script this time for all the related files ie the L & R for main and 3 release files and the merged main and 3 releases.

Midline amplitude:     0.020637
Mean    norm:          0.003155
Mean    amplitude:     0.000002
RMS     amplitude:     0.011313
Maximum delta:         0.295773
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.006311
RMS     delta:         0.015999
Rough   frequency:        10803
Volume adjustment:        3.381
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000004  0.000000  0.000004
Min level  -0.254498 -0.000000 -0.254498
Max level   0.295773  0.000000  0.295773
Pk lev dB     -10.58   -138.47    -10.58
RMS lev dB    -38.93   -141.48    -35.92
RMS Pk dB     -27.93   -141.26    -27.93
RMS Tr dB    -141.69   -141.69    -89.82
Crest factor       -      1.41     18.49
Flat factor     9.48      9.48      0.00
Pk count       64.3k      129k         2
Bit-depth      23/24      1/24     23/24
Num samples     257k
Length s       5.357
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\rel00600\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            532806
Length (seconds):      5.550063
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.204444
Minimum amplitude:    -0.245520
Midline amplitude:    -0.020538
Mean    norm:          0.004573
Mean    amplitude:     0.000001
RMS     amplitude:     0.015371
Maximum delta:         0.245520
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.009145
RMS     delta:         0.021737
Rough   frequency:        10803
Volume adjustment:        4.073
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000002  0.000002  0.000000
Min level  -0.245520 -0.245520 -0.000000
Max level   0.204444  0.204444  0.000000
Pk lev dB     -12.20    -12.20   -138.47
RMS lev dB    -36.27    -33.26   -141.49
RMS Pk dB     -23.04    -23.04   -141.27
RMS Tr dB    -141.70    -84.88   -141.70
Crest factor       -     11.29      1.41
Flat factor     9.53      0.00      9.53
Pk count       66.5k         2      133k
Bit-depth      22/24     22/24      1/24
Num samples     266k
Length s       5.550
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16R\rel00600\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            532806
Length (seconds):      5.550063
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.301633
Minimum amplitude:    -0.330314
Midline amplitude:    -0.014341
Mean    norm:          0.004733
Mean    amplitude:     0.000001
RMS     amplitude:     0.015898
Maximum delta:         0.330314
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.009466
RMS     delta:         0.022483
Rough   frequency:        10803
Volume adjustment:        3.027
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000002  0.000000  0.000002
Min level  -0.330314 -0.000000 -0.330314
Max level   0.301633  0.000000  0.301633
Pk lev dB      -9.62   -138.47     -9.62
RMS lev dB    -35.97   -141.48    -32.96
RMS Pk dB     -23.59   -141.24    -23.59
RMS Tr dB    -141.70   -141.70    -91.28
Crest factor       -      1.41     14.69
Flat factor     9.55      9.55      0.00
Pk count       66.6k      133k         2
Bit-depth      23/24      1/24     23/24
Num samples     266k
Length s       5.550
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16L\rel99999\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            601084
Length (seconds):      6.261292
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.320890
Minimum amplitude:    -0.359950
Midline amplitude:    -0.019530
Mean    norm:          0.006878
Mean    amplitude:     0.000002
RMS     amplitude:     0.023389
Maximum delta:         0.359950
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.013755
RMS     delta:         0.033077
Rough   frequency:        10803
Volume adjustment:        2.778
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000004  0.000004  0.000000
Min level  -0.359950 -0.359950 -0.000000
Max level   0.320890  0.320890  0.000000
Pk lev dB      -8.88     -8.88   -138.47
RMS lev dB    -32.62    -29.61   -141.48
RMS Pk dB     -19.77    -19.77   -141.23
RMS Tr dB    -141.68    -80.80   -141.68
Crest factor       -     10.88      1.41
Flat factor     9.56      0.00      9.56
Pk count       75.2k         2      150k
Bit-depth      23/24     23/24      1/24
Num samples     301k
Length s       6.261
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "E:\Recit-Organ\Basson16R\rel99999\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            601084
Length (seconds):      6.261292
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.438307
Minimum amplitude:    -0.486701
Midline amplitude:    -0.024197
Mean    norm:          0.008901
Mean    amplitude:     0.000003
RMS     amplitude:     0.030132
Maximum delta:         0.486701
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.017802
RMS     delta:         0.042613
Rough   frequency:        10803
Volume adjustment:        2.055
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000007  0.000000  0.000007
Min level  -0.486701 -0.000000 -0.486701
Max level   0.438307  0.000000  0.438307
Pk lev dB      -6.25   -138.47     -6.25
RMS lev dB    -30.42   -141.49    -27.41
RMS Pk dB     -18.41   -141.31    -18.41
RMS Tr dB    -141.71   -141.71    -87.29
Crest factor       -      1.42     11.42
Flat factor     9.51      9.51      0.00
Pk count       75.0k      150k         2
Bit-depth      23/24      1/24     23/24
Num samples     301k
Length s       6.261
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            839960
Length (seconds):      8.749583
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.658200
Minimum amplitude:    -0.761482
Midline amplitude:    -0.051641
Mean    norm:          0.145129
Mean    amplitude:    -0.000000
RMS     amplitude:     0.183539
Maximum delta:         0.865200
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.171522
RMS     delta:         0.214170
Rough   frequency:         8914
Volume adjustment:        1.313
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset  -0.000004 -0.000004  0.000004
Min level  -0.761482 -0.579805 -0.761482
Max level   0.658200  0.658200  0.620411
Pk lev dB      -2.37     -3.63     -2.37
RMS lev dB    -14.73    -15.31    -14.21
RMS Pk dB     -12.63    -12.88    -12.63
RMS Tr dB     -19.82    -19.82    -18.53
Crest factor       -      3.84      3.91
Flat factor     0.00      0.00      0.00
Pk count           2         2         2
Bit-depth      24/24     24/24     24/24
Num samples     420k
Length s       8.750
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\REL00150\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            514288
Length (seconds):      5.357167
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.298661
Minimum amplitude:    -0.274763
Midline amplitude:     0.011949
Mean    norm:          0.005982
Mean    amplitude:     0.000009
RMS     amplitude:     0.015084
Maximum delta:         0.405352
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.008421
RMS     delta:         0.020733
Rough   frequency:        10499
Volume adjustment:        3.348
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000014  0.000014  0.000004
Min level  -0.274763 -0.274763 -0.254498
Max level   0.298661  0.298661  0.295773
Pk lev dB     -10.50    -10.50    -10.58
RMS lev dB    -36.43    -37.01    -35.92
RMS Pk dB     -27.93    -27.94    -27.93
RMS Tr dB     -91.34    -91.34    -89.82
Crest factor       -     21.17     18.49
Flat factor     0.00      0.00      0.00
Pk count           2         2         2
Bit-depth      23/24     23/24     23/24
Num samples     257k
Length s       5.357
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\REL00600\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            532806
Length (seconds):      5.550063
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.301633
Minimum amplitude:    -0.330314
Midline amplitude:    -0.014341
Mean    norm:          0.009306
Mean    amplitude:     0.000002
RMS     amplitude:     0.022114
Maximum delta:         0.386482
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.013272
RMS     delta:         0.030727
Rough   frequency:        10615
Volume adjustment:        3.027
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000002  0.000002  0.000002
Min level  -0.330314 -0.245520 -0.330314
Max level   0.301633  0.204444  0.301633
Pk lev dB      -9.62    -12.20     -9.62
RMS lev dB    -33.11    -33.26    -32.96
RMS Pk dB     -23.04    -23.04    -23.59
RMS Tr dB     -91.28    -84.88    -91.28
Crest factor       -     11.29     14.69
Flat factor     0.00      0.00      0.00
Pk count           2         2         2
Bit-depth      23/24     22/24     23/24
Num samples     266k
Length s       5.550
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\sox-14-4-2\sox.exe" "D:\St Mary's Abbey\Recit\Basson16\REL99999\036-C.wav" -n stat stats
Samples read:            601084
Length (seconds):      6.261292
Scaled by:         2147483647.0
Maximum amplitude:     0.438307
Minimum amplitude:    -0.486701
Midline amplitude:    -0.024197
Mean    norm:          0.015779
Mean    amplitude:     0.000005
RMS     amplitude:     0.038144
Maximum delta:         0.657312
Minimum delta:         0.000000
Mean    delta:         0.021906
RMS     delta:         0.051787
Rough   frequency:        10371
Volume adjustment:        2.055
             Overall     Left      Right
DC offset   0.000007  0.000004  0.000007
Min level  -0.486701 -0.359950 -0.486701
Max level   0.438307  0.320890  0.438307
Pk lev dB      -6.25     -8.88     -6.25
RMS lev dB    -28.37    -29.61    -27.41
RMS Pk dB     -18.41    -19.77    -18.41
RMS Tr dB     -87.29    -80.80    -87.29
Crest factor       -     10.88     11.42
Flat factor     0.00      0.00      0.00
Pk count           2         2         2
Bit-depth      23/24     23/24     23/24
Num samples     301k
Length s       6.261
Scale max   1.000000
Window s       0.050

c:\>

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Dr. Mark Bugeja MD

my replies are no getting through. The amount of text is making the files too big. This list is so frustrating. Other sourceforge mailing lists are so much more user friendly.

I am trying to send the report generated by the second script for all the relevant files pertaining to one note ie L for main and 3 releases, R for main and 3 releases and another set of the combined samples.

I guess we just have to wait until the moderators release my post which I had to send a number of times without success.

Regards

Mark

Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Fmiser
> Dr. wrote:

> my replies are no getting through.  The amount of text is making
> the files too big.

> I am trying to send the report generated by the second script
> for all the relevant files pertaining to one note ie L for main
> and 3 releases, R for main and 3 releases and another set of the
> combined samples.

I see a long one (with HTML) that has a number of bassoon L and R
as well as a few stereo.  It has Jeremy's post at the bottom, so I
suspect it all got through.

> This list is so frustrating. Other sourceforge mailing lists are
> so much more user friendly.

I'm sorry you think so.  I happen to find this one _much_ more
user friendly.  Email lists like this have been around for 30
years or so and are pretty refined.  Especially for those of us
who don't have a no-cost high bandwidth internet connection there
is nothing that does better.
It's different than web forums, but if you compose in plain text
(not HTML) and don't use attachment, it largely just works.

On 2016-12-13 18:39, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> I have tested the wav samples. They won't load in the software
> GrandOrgue and give a PCM format error.

Could you ask on the GO discussion forum whether anyone else has had the
same
error message(s) as you've had?  There's no point in me asking there
because
I nothing at all about GO.

Also, I'm puzzled what a "PCM format error" might be; as far as I
understand
it, PCM audio data is uncompressed and has (I thought) no or little that
one
might call "a format" in the files.