Public repo to python bindings "pysox"

s p

Public repo to python bindings "pysox"

s p
Hi all !

I googled but couldn't find where the repository for pysox (Python bindings for sox) is hosted. Any idea ? I wanna check if I can make some changes.

Sébastien

Re: Public repo to python bindings "pysox"

Pascal Giard
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM, s p <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I googled but couldn't find where the repository for pysox (Python bindings
> for sox) is hosted. Any idea ? I wanna check if I can make some changes.

Hi,
 I didn't even know it existed!

That said, all I could find [1] is a link to deleted page [2].

-Pascal
[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pysox
[2] http://foo42.de/wiki/pysox/
--
Homepage (http://organact.mine.nu)
Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)

s p

Re: Public repo to python bindings "pysox"

s p
Yep !
Not only there is, but there is even a good documentation for them : http://packages.python.org/pysox/
Which is quite rare. I think with python-bindings for sox you could do crazy stuff. I have been searching quite a lot, and couldn't find any good library for Python for sound processing.
So that is IMO the best solution for now (even though it lacks a streaming API, you have to write your data to a file to do the processing, and cannot just call the effects functions directly on the data), and it would be a shame that it stays unmaintained !!!