Sample rate conversion

Mew, Peter
Hi
This may sound like a silly question but
If I take a source wav file at 441/16 bit and convert it in sox to a wav file at 441/16 bit, will the output be exactly the same as the input.
The context for the question is that I have a number of mixed 441/16 and 96/24 files which all have to end up as 441/16. So I just want to pass them all through the same chain without having to worry about what the source format is.
Thanks
-pm

Sent from my iPad

________________________________

“**Confidentiality**
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be privileged and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access to this e-mail by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, copy, distribute, take any action or rely on it and you should please notify the sender by reply. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Re: Sample rate conversion

Jan Stary
On Mar 14 10:33:05, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
> This may sound like a silly question but
> If I take a source wav file at 441/16 bit and convert it in sox to a wav file at 441/16 bit, will the output be exactly the same as the input.

Of course.

$ sox -n -r 44100 -b 16 orig.wav synth 1 sin 440 gain -6
$ sox orig.wav -r 44100 -b 16 copy.wav
$ diff orig.wav copy.wav

> The context for the question is that I have a number of mixed 441/16 and 96/24 files which all have to end up as 441/16. So I just want to pass them all through the same chain without having to worry about what the source format is.

You can save yourself some work
if you just grep for the non-44.1/16 ones
with a `soxi' one-liner.

        Jan

Re: Sample rate conversion

Mew, Peter