SoX plot coefficients

Marco Bandiera
I need to plot the amplitude frequency response of SoX bass, treble and
equalizer commands by using a spreadsheet.
I have opened .plt files resulting from SoX --plot gnuplot command and I
 have found H(f) formula.
Where could I find the formulas for coefficients a1, a2, b0, b1, b2?
Please, could you send them to me?

 Thank you very much.

 Marco Bandiera

Re: SoX plot coefficients

Ulrich Klauer-2
Marco Bandiera <[hidden email]>:

> Where could I find the formulas for coefficients a1, a2, b0, b1, b2?

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but if you want to calculate a*/b* from the filter frequency and bandwidth etc., the description is here: http://www.musicdsp.org/files/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt

Ulrich

Re: SoX plot coefficients

Sergei Steshenko-2

>>  Where could I find the formulas for coefficients a1, a2, b0, b1, b2?
>
> I'm not sure what you are looking for, but if you want to calculate a*/b*
> from the filter frequency and bandwidth etc., the description is here:
> http://www.musicdsp.org/files/Audio-EQ-Cookbook.txt
>
> Ulrich

SoX assums B(z)/A(z) (_not_ A(z)/B(z)) form:

"
       biquad b0 b1 b2 a0 a1 a2
              Apply a biquad IIR filter with the given coefficients. Where b* and a* are the numerator and denominator coefficients respectively.

              See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_biquad_filter (where a0 = 1).

              This effect supports the --plot global option.
".

Both B(z)/A(z) and A(z)/B(z) can be seen in different textbooks.

Regards,
  Sergei.

Re: SoX plot coefficients

Marco Bandiera
Thank you very much sirs and, please, excuse my poor english language.

Yes, I want to calculate a1, a2, b0, b1 and b2 from frequency, gain and
slope (or bandwith).
Indeed, by opening with an editor the *.plt files resulting form SoX --plot
gnuplot command, I find this formula for the amplitude response:

H(f)=sqrt((b0*b0+b1*b1+b2*b2+2.*(b0*b1+b1*b2)*cos(f*o)+2.*(b0*b2)*cos(2.*f*o))/(1.+a1*a1+a2*a2+2.*(a1+a1*a2)*cos(f*o)+2.*a2*cos(2.*f*o)))

I could use it to plot the amplitude response curve with a program unlike
Gnuplot, if I had the formulas to calculate a1, a2, b0, b1 and b2.
Excuse me but, due to my lacking mathematical knowledge, I didn't find the
formulas I need in the Bristow-Johnson's paper.

Regards.

Marco Bandiera